Joining Our Lab
Now accepting applications for...
START DATE: Summer 2015
JOB DESCRIPTION OVERVIEW: We are seeking a full time Research Assistant to assist with all aspects of our cognitive neuroscience and psycholinguistic research. Our lab is interested in where and when the brain is activated during language processing. For more information about what we do, see here. The responsibilities of this position are very varied and involve the coordination of all aspects of research projects, including collecting and analyzing neuroimaging (fMRI, MEG, ERP) data, statistical analysis, scientific manuscript writing, and maintaining the day-to-day operations of the lab.
In addition to the intellectual reward, the position would give the holder experience of research in cognitive neuroscience, experimental psychology, psycholinguistics, clinical applications, as well as database and program management. This is an ideal research opportunity for someone bound for graduate school in cognitive neuroscience, cognitive science, psycholinguistics or cognitive psychology. Our lab has sites at both Tufts University (Medford, MA) and the Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging (Charlestown, MA), both of which are easily accessible from Boston, MA.
(1) B.A., B.Sc. degree in Experimental Psychology, Linguistics, Computer Science, or a closely related field
(2) Strong interest in how language is processed in the brain.
(3) Very strong quantitative and analytic skills.
(4) Some research experience with statistics and familiarity with statistical analysis software such as SPSS or R.
(5) Strong computational skills and some programming experience (e.g. Python, R, MATLAB) and familiarity with Linux/Unix environments and bash/shell scripting.
(6) Very strong organizational skills: Must be self-motivated, resourceful, very organized, able to multi-task and prioritize.
(7) Ability to work well in teams, with strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills.
(8) A two-year time commitment is requested.
OTHER: Salary will be based on qualifications and experience. Tufts University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Full-time employees receive full benefits.
CONTACT: Please email the following to Gina Kuperberg, M.D., Ph.D., email@example.com:
(1) A cover letter explaining why you are interested in this position, specific research and administrative experience, detailing how your skills match the job description, as well as describing your aims for the future.
(2) A CV that includes courses you have taken together with your GPA and grades, as well as a description of your research experience
(3) The names and contact details of three references