Participation in this study is entirely voluntary. Thank you very much for agreeing to participate.
- The purpose of the psychology testing is to look at the processes that occur automatically when you perform tasks such as reading.
- For participating in the psychology study, you will be paid $30.
- Altogether, you should schedule approximately two hours to give time for you to fill out forms and for the psychology testing.
- When you come in to do the study, you will be given a detailed consent form and we will go over the study procedures with you in detail. Below is a brief description of what is involved.
- Psychology testing doesn’t involve any big machinery. You will be asked to sit in a comfortable chair and to read or look at what is on a computer screen in front of you and to press buttons according to specific instructions that we will give to you at the time.
- You should be clear about exactly when you are scheduled and who you will meet. If there are any questions about this, please ask the person who scheduled you for the study and/or try to reach us at the following numbers: 617-627-2198.
- The Principal Investigator for this study is Dr. Gina Kuperberg, MD PhD. If you need to speak to her, her phone number is 617-726-3432; e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you need to cancel, it is important that you let us know. This is because it takes us a while to get things set up and it would save us a lot of time if you let us know ahead of time.
- If you need to cancel before the day of the study, please try to reach us at the following numbers: 617-627-2198.
- If you need to cancel on the day of the study, please try to reach us at 617-627-2198.
- We need to confirm that you remember your appointment. We will therefore telephone you the day before the appointment to remind you. If we can’t get hold of you, we will leave a message with our telephone number. Please call back to confirm that you will be taking part in the study.