Martinos Center Computer And Network
Acceptable Use Policy
All Martinos Center policies are superseded by Partners policy (internal link, requires Partners username/pw).
Users Agree To The Following:
- The computer and network resources of Partners Healthcare, MGH and
the Martinos Center are to be used only for hospital research and not for personal use.
- Sharing of NMR accounts or passwords is prohibited.
- Logging into any computer without consent from the owner is prohibited.
- Viewing, editing or copying another user's files without their expressed permission (even if the filesystem permissions allow it) is prohibited.
- Breaking these rules or engaging in any other malicious or nefarious activity can result in account closure and/or legal action at the discretion of administrators and the Help Desk.
- Users are encouraged to report suspicious activity or occurrences as
soon as possible.
Martinos Center I.S. Reserves The Right To The Following:
- To modify or update these policies without notice.
- To monitor system service logs for unauthorized user access, system integrity changes, etcetera.
- To monitor user emails, home directories, file storage, filedrop uploads, and web traffic.
- To report violations of the Partners, MGH, or Martinos Center policy to the office of the MGH CISO, or law enforcement.