Location: Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging
We are seeking a highly motivated and creative individual eager to acquire new skills in a dynamic environment for a postdoctoral fellow position. The primary project involves PET imaging in preclinical Alzheimer’s disease and the integration of PET and MR techniques. Previous training in PET, functional connectivity MRI, or diffusion-weighted MRI is required. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background in PET or MR imaging and analysis and a willingness to explore and develop new analytic methods for multi-modality imaging analysis. The successful applicant will be responsible for console operation and data acquisition on PET/MRI scanners at the Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, image analysis and statistical modeling, development of analytic techniques, and integration of PET, functional connectivity MRI, and diffusion MRI data with other imaging modalities. The direct supervisor will be Trey Hedden, PhD, with opportunities to interact with Drs. Randy Buckner, Keith Johnson, Reisa Sperling, David Salat, and others in the Martinos Center and Massachusetts Alzheimer’s Disease Research Center community. The ideal candidate will have a strong background in brain-based mechanisms of change in aging and age-related neurodegenerative disorders and experience with PET or diffusion MRI in the context of large, multimodal neuroimaging datasets.
• Hold a PhD or equivalent degree in a relevant area including neuroscience, biomedical sciences, computer science, biomedical engineering, physics or related fields.
• Have an interest in and knowledge of brain aging and/or neurodegenerative disorders.
• Demonstrate excellence specific to PET, functional connectivity MRI, and/or diffusion-weighted MRI via a record of peer-reviewed publications and productivity.
• Be skilled with imaging analysis software, and capable of scripting in Matlab, Linux, Python, or related languages.
• Have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Be self-motivated and demonstrate the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
• The ability and motivation to qualify for external funding will be considered an advantage.
The position is full-time with benefits. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Starting date is negotiable.
Email a cover letter describing interests and experience specific to this position, full CV, and the contact information for at least 3 references to Trey Hedden, PhD, Athinoula A. Martinos Center for Biomedical Imaging, Department of Radiology, Massachusetts General Hospital, email@example.com
Contact: Trey Hedden
Expiration Date: 5/1/2017